I (thought I) lost my phone last weekend (right after I took that Macy’s snow picture), so I’m putting up this one from last week.
Category Archives: Memories
I love how quiet it is outside when it snows. It’s even quieter inside the car, especially when I don’t clear off the windows, like a cave.
Then I think it’s funny how the brake light reflects off of the rear window snow so I can see it from the inside. I wonder what it looks like on the outside, if they can see it at all?
Most days I still wish for the Jetsons’ instant hair-styler machine, but today was a pretty great hair day.
I love this haircut. I’ve had a variation of it for eight years now, though, and every so often I tell myself I need a new style. But I love it. And, it’s still current and looks good so… Why mess with perfection? 😉
My eyebrows look almost even, too. A true miracle. 😉
|Your Inner Child Is Angry|
You’re not an angry person.
But when you don’t get your way, watch out.
Like a very manipulative kid, you will get what you want.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed
Just kidding. 😀 Though that is the big joke, that people run out to buy the ingredients to make French Toast just because they’re going to be snowed in. Are milk, bread and eggs really the most basic staples we need? Who knows.
By the way, these are Bird’s Nests, not French Toast, and they were quite yummy – and a little more worthy of reading Julie and Julia while eating. 😉 Although I am sure they do not appear in Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
It’s amazing what you find when you clean out your car. It’s been months (and months) since I cleaned out the back seat, and who knows when the last time the trunk was emptied. 😉
Here’s what I found:
- my atlas
- original earbuds for my iPod; I had bought another pair
- unopened Bon Jovi CD that I already have (Bounce – it says it’s a special double CD?)
- Phillies bandanna
- laser cut, mirror-like Phillies license plate I bought for the front of my car before they were even in possible contention for the World Series
- bottle of B&BW Sweet Pea body spray, still in the little bag
- form for unclaimed property from 3/15/07 (50 bucks from APS)
- renewal form for the Education Honor Society that I was thinking about just this afternoon
- missing snow brush
- folder on my biggest pain-in-my-ass student (actually parent) that I wanted to write about
- a bunch of scrapbook paper
- four skeins of Moda*Dea fuzzy fun yarn that I do remember buying on clearance
- pack of Thank You cards that I’ve been looking for – they say Thank You in a bunch of different languages. Merci! Grazie! Arigato! Okay, three foreign languages. No Spanish?
- SIX reusable grocery bags that I never use, and how many do I need anyway?
- Medusa picture that I show to people when they don’t believe my hair is naturally curly
What’s missing? The jack that’s supposed to be with my spare tire. (Which finally got put away under the floorboard, probably just in time to need it again!)
My cousin Julie is starting college this fall, and she sent me this text today:
O and I am going to start my dorm shopping, but idk what I need and what I don’t. Any insider tips?
I gave her some ideas, and she replied:
I was at Bed Bath and Beyond today to find a new alarm clock (mine just died) and I saw sooo much stuff, but I didn’t know what I needed and what I didn’t! So I appreciate it 🙂
I had forgotten the alarm clock. Shows how important getting up on time was to me!
So we put together a list. Now, it’s been a long time since I started college (almost half my life ago, eek!), but I did my best to remember what I needed.
- You will need sheets and a comforter. Try to find out if beds are just plain twin or twin extra long. You might want a body pillow or one of those back-support pillows if you sit on your bed to do work.
- Towels and washcloths, robe, flip flops/slippers
- Even if you have a bathroom in your room, you might want a shower caddy to hold your stuff. Definitely a plastic one. I had this huge Caboodle one that was like a bucket. It could store stuff in the bottom and had a tray to hold the stuff I used on top.
- A few dishes and bowls, silverware, esp for cereal.
- Laundry stuff you got, right? 😉 basket, hamper
- Hangers for your closet.
- A little lamp for your desk
- A good dictionary
- You’ll need to think about how you are going to take notes – looseleaf paper and folders, notebooks, etc.
- Ooo maybe a bin for keeping snacks like crackers and goldfish so they don’t go stale?
- Maybe a little fan, too? If you can’t control the room temp, it can get hot and stuffy.
- Oh you know what else? Dumb stuff like scissors and a stapler, or a ruler. You never realize how much you use scissors til you can’t go in the kitchen drawer whenever you need them!! 😉
Anything else? Let us know!